All treatments are one hour in length and performed in a private, relaxed setting to promote patient well-being. We work on the source of the problem which results in restoration of movement, function and quality of life. Roper Physical Therapy delivers care with knowledge and passion for health and recovery by providing a variety of treatment plans including traditional physical therapy combined with complimentary and alternative modalities such as myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, and medical therapeutic yoga Our patients seek treatment for a variety of reasons, including:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Neurological Dysfunction
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Jaw Pain (TMJ/TMD Disorders)
- Sacroiliac Dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Elbow
- ACL/Meniscus Tear
- Shoulder /Rotator Cuff
- Athletic and Sports Injuries
- Neck, Low Back, Hip Pain
- Muscle Spasm and Strains
- Fascia Restrictions
- Trigger Points
- Reconstructive Surgery Scars and Adhesions
- Women’s Health:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Diastasis Recti Assessment & Plan of Care
- Abdominal or Perineal Scar Adhesions
- Mastectomy/Lumpectomy Pain
Myofascial Release is designed to treat the cause of your pain and mobility problems, eliminating symptoms and making permanent, structural changes that enable you to follow a journey of healing and return to a pain-free life. Our well-trained physical therapists are skilled in powerful hands-on healing techniques that work through gentle, sustained pressure on your fascial system. The fascial system is the tough connective tissue that spreads in a three dimensional web affecting every muscle, bone, internal organ, nerve, and blood vessel in your body. When the fascial system becomes tight or hard in one area, it can create “drag” in other areas of the body. This drag doesn’t show up on standard diagnostic tests such as MRIs, so myofascial restrictions can easily remain undiagnosed.
CranioSacral Therapy (CST)
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Chronic Fatigue
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) is a form of integrated, functional medicine delivered by experienced, licensed medical professionals. Ginger Garner MPT, ATC, PYT, developed medical therapeutic yoga as a system for health care professionals after years of successful patient care with acute and chronic pain patients who fared better when she used yoga as a primary means for delivering rehabilitation.
- Our physical therapists are trained and certified in the Professional Yoga Therapy Method under Ginger Garner MPT, ATC, PYT, founder and educator in medical therapeutic yoga, orthopedics, and women’s health.
- We prescribe yoga according to your specific medical condition.
- We offer a new model for fitness and rehabilitation that helps you maintain health in a simpler, more holistic way.
Medical Therapeutic Yoga has been proven to be effective in the treatment of a number of disorders including:
- Inflammatory and Metabolic Disorders:
- Weight management
- Chronic pain
- Heart disease
- Diabetes management
- Back and joint pain
- Respiratory diagnoses
- Neuroendocrine Dysregulation:
- Depression and anxiety
- Hypothalamic-pituitary axis syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Special populations:
- Women’s health
- Prenatal and Postpartum
- Incontinence and more…
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Women’s health
- Enhanced Sports Performance
- Overall well being and injury prevention
To learn more about our program be sure to visit our Medical Therapeutic Yoga page.
Posture and Running Assessments
We evaluate all patients with a total body screen on their first day and will continue at subsequent appointments to check for misalignment or postural abnormalities. This full body approach allows us to see what fascial restrictions reside in the body causing you dysfunction and pain. Running can be a great source of fitness and enjoyment, but if you have running patterns that are off balance or inefficient, it could be more harmful than helpful. Let us assess your running patterns and provide recommendations to help you benefit the most from running.