Roper Physical Therapy now offers Pilates at our convenient Dilworth location in Charlotte, NC. We offer:
Private Pilates instruction and consultation – Using classical Pilates mat work with props, we can assess what Pilates exercises are suited best for you and provide safe, individualized instruction.
Pilates class workshops – Hosted monthly, the workshop will be an introduction to those completely new to Pilates, with 45 minutes of history and Pilates foundations, followed by 45 minutes of mat work.
Private sessions are offered on Mondays and Fridays. Please call or email for booking availability.
Single class, $80/each or 5 for $375 and 10 for $700
Pilates Class Details
Pilates was designed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century as a way to correct muscular imbalances and improve posture, coordination, and balance. Pilates focuses on the core, while training the entire body and lengthening the spine. According to a study by the Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy, Pilates is especially helpful for patients with chronic back pain. Researchers believe that by stabilizing the lower back region, Pilates alleviates stress on the back and increases mobility.
At Roper PT, we utilize classical Pilates mat-work and chair exercises, which contain elements of yoga, calisthenics, and ballet. Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in a slow, precise manner without aerobic exertion.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility, posture, and stabilization of your spine
- increased concentration of body awareness, which in turn helps physical
- coordination and balance
- rehabilitation and prevention of injuries related to muscular imbalance
- major strengthening of your powerhouse – deep abdominal, pelvic, back and glute muscles
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- stress management and relaxation